General Admission Requirements

Graduates of foreign and Philippine high schools accredited by the Department of Education (DepEd) may be admitted as freshmen into the University based on the following:

Performance in the UP College Admission Test (UPCAT); and

Weighted average of final grades obtained in high school.

A total combined score of 1,200 for the verbal and mathematics subtests in the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) will also qualify an applicant for automatic admission as freshman to the University. For more information please click

Socialized Tuition and Financial Assistance Program

The STFAP is UP’s primary financial assistance program for bona fide undergraduate Filipino students. Except for Law or Medicine, the applicant must not have a bachelor’s degree. For an incoming freshman or new student, the applicant must have a UP Notice of Admission. The STFAP brackets are primarily based on the annual family income and have corresponding fees or benefits. Students coming from families with annual family income of Php 80,000 or less may be eligible for free tuition, miscellaneous, and laboratory fees plus standard stipend. For applications to the STFAP, please visit the STFAP website.

Scholarships, Student Assistantships and Other Grants

UPLB implements hundreds of undergraduate scholarships and fellowship grants given by several donors and benefactors with benefits ranging from tuition, book allowances, living allowances and others.  It also has the following: UP Presidential ASEAN Scholarships Program, UP Presidential Scholarships Program, and UP Scholarship Program for Foreign Students.

The Scholarships and Financial Assistance Division (SFAD), Office of Student Affairs has 14 cash loan programs to further assist the students with their financial needs. Qualified students with good scholastic standing can avail P2,000-8,000 cash loan depending on the program they are applying for. For details, please proceed to SFAD office at the Student Union Building

Several study-now-pay-later programs are also available. For more information and application procedures for these facilities, we suggest that you contact the Office of Student Affairs.